July 9-22, 2018
Service || Adventure || Culture
Embark on a life-changing journey to Uganda, the Pearl of Africa. Here, you'll pour into Action in Africa, a nonprofit that does a multitude of community outreach services, like free HIV/AIDS testing, widow support groups, and children's programming to promote reading and arts. Additionally, AIA supports youth education and empowerment by sponsoring students who would otherwise not be able to attend school. You'll also serve at Baby Watoto by loving on orphaned and abandoned infants.
Experience a 2-day African safari adventure that features floating on the Nile River, hiking Murchison Falls and getting close to animals in the wild, including lions, elephants, giraffes and hippos!
Watch the Ndere Troupe capture the amazing cultural songs, dances and unique instruments from the 56 nationalities (tribes) of Uganda. Additionally, specific cultural immersion experiences are organized, like drumming, language and cooking classes. But, your entire time in Uganda will be a cultural experience! Buckle up!
MAJOR Bonus: We have arranged for our flight to have an extended layover in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. A stark contrast to what you'll experience in Uganda, Dubai is a study of extreme wealth. Take in futuristic architecture, the world's tallest building, spice and gold souks (markets), and Middle Eastern culture. The desert safari -- dune bashing, sand boarding, camel riding and henna tattooing -- is not a day you will soon forget!
Duration: 14 Days
Cost: $4,100/person for registration by February 1 || $4,500/person after 2/1
Includes: Airfare from Los Angeles, all other transportation, room and board, guides, all activities, excursions and fees
Deposit: $1,000/person due February 1
February 1: $1,000
April 1: $2,000 June 1: $1,100 or $1,500
Payments accepted via Venmo or check
Please note our payment policies:
1. A $50 late fee will be imposed to each person's payment not received by the payment deadline.
2. Returned checks will incur a $25 fee.
3. The balance must be paid in full prior to the trip departure, otherwise you will not be permitted to participate.
Please review our cancellation policy here.
Answers to FAQs
- All travelers must purchase traveler's insurance (link above).
- Trip does not include cost of vaccinations, baggage fees, meals at airports, or passport fees.
- Late fees ($50) will be charged for each payment not received by deadline.
- Balance must be paid in full prior to trip departure, or you will not be permitted to travel with the group.